CS at U.Va.
The U.Va. Department of Computer Science is a nationally recognized leader in computer science research and education. Our department includes 28 faculty members, 80 graduate students and 680 undergraduates. Faculty are active in fundamental computer science and engineering research and are engaged in interdisciplinary initiatives with scientists, humanists, engineers in other disciplines and medical personnel.
Our graduate students transition from students to collaborators through participation in world-class research projects. Our undergraduates are involved in research and are enriched by an integrated and challenging curriculum.
Collaborative Model Adaptation for Personalized Sentiment Classification
Collaborative Localization Using Wireless Sensor Networks
First-Order Modeling Frameworks for Power-Efficient and Reliable Multiprocessor System
Improving Program Acceptability Through Source Code Transformations
RAPID Programming of Pattern-Recognition Processors
N-Prog: A Framework for Proactive Coarse-Grained Diversity
Finding and Fixing Bugs in LiquidHaskell
Demystifying secure computation: familiar abstractions for efficient protocols
Hidden Topic Sentiment Model
Evolving Networks: Structure & Dynamics
Market Based on-Demand Computing in Co-operative Grid Environment (CG-Market)
On the Power of Algebraic Tools in Code Obfuscation
Proactive Resource Management to Ensure Predictable End-to-End Performance for Cloud Applications
James F. O'Brien, EECS, U.C. Berkeley
Adaptive Simulation with Triangle Meshes
Jason Mars, University of Michigan
LET'S GET SIRIUS
Eric Horvitz, Microsoft Research
Data, Predictions, and Decisions in Support of People and Society
- UVA's 6th Annual High School Programming Contest was held this past Saturday
- AP Ambassadors Opportunities for UVA Undergraduates!
- Mark Sherriff earns IEEE Computer Science Award:Internationally Recognized for Innovative Teaching, Cavalier Daily, 11 April 2016
- We are all greatly saddened by the death of our colleague and friend, Joanne Cohoon. She was a wonderful person and a wonderful advocate for improving diversity in computing and technology.
- Prof. Jack Stankovic, Prof. John Lach and others are teaming up to battle childhood obesity.
- UVA CS and Economics Prof. Dennis Nekipelov: Can Universities Create the "New Renaissance Man" Tech Firms Need?
- Congratulations to our Chair, Kevin Skadron fellow of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM), a prestigious international organization.
- Are we paying Jack Davidson to have this much fun?
- UVA Today Article about CS Grad, Adrienne Felt: "Computer Science Grad Stands Watch for Users of Google's Popular Browser"
- Major U.Va. Engineering Initiative to Focus on Intersection of Cyber, Physical Systems
- U.Va. Engineering Announces Multi-Million Dollar Investment in Cyber-Physical Systems Research
- UVA is located in the happiest city in America :)
- Congratulations to Prof. Jane Qi, who received an NSF Career award! These are extremely competitive and prestigious grants for pre-tenure faculty
- Congratulations to Prof. Jack Stankovic, who has been selected to receive the UVA Distinguished Scientist Award this year, in recognition of his outstanding record of achievement and impact during his career at UVA.
- Congratulations to UVA CS Emeritus Professor, Sang Son who was elected to the Korean national academy of engineering. Sang Son is now the Dean of The Graduate School at DGIST.